Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Birth of a Piggy

The last post showed my cute nephew with his hand painted piggy bank from The Painted Name. I thought my mom, Bev Carp, should be the feature story today as she is the one who brings these amazing personalized piggys to life. Each porcelain pig comes plain white and she decorates it with a design and then uses a crow quill pen and lead free china paints to hand paint an adorable face.  Then she personalizes the body with all the baby's stats. I have to admit that I often go back to look at my daughters' piggy banks to see the exact time, birth weight and length they each were at birth. It's a great reference as well as an adorable piece of art to display. Not only does it look good, but my kids love to put their money in their very own piggy bank. The pigs are fired in a kiln overnight making the paint permanent and then mom boxes the pig for shipping with pretty ribbons.  What a cool process!
Don't forget to "Like" her facebook page to get deals and discounts only for facebook fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment